Living in Saskatoon, Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis, Sarina has been proud to call Ward 8 home for nearly three decades. Raised by her immigrant parents and grandparents in Greystone Heights, Sarina feels a multi-generational connection to the Ward’s diverse and vibrant community. Ward 8 is made up of the following neighbourhoods: Brevoort Park, Briarwood, Brighton, College Park, East College Park, Greystone Heights and Hillcrest Management Area.
Sarina can be seen volunteering at a number of events and for a variety of causes, is an avid cyclist and supports local businesses. She is a proud University of Saskatchewan graduate and has a far-reaching understanding of different cultures and approaches to problem-solving, gained through extensive world travel. Prior to being elected, Sarina worked as a GIS Analyst (i.e. making maps) for the Meewasin Valley Authority.
Sarina brings her enthusiasm and fresh ideas about how Ward 8 and this city can remain inclusive, safe and sustainable for people of all generations and abilities.
City of Saskatoon:
- Strategic Priority Area: Environmental Sustainability
- Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities & Corporate Services, Vice Chair
- Standing Policy Committee on Transportation
- Saskatoon Environmental Advisory Committee
- Traffic Safety Committee
- Canadian Urban Transit Association’s (CUTA) Transit Board Members Committee
- Marr Residence Board of Directors
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA) Board of Directors
Past City of Saskatoon:
- North Central Transportation Planning Committee
Other Board & Committee Experience:
- Bus Riders of Saskatoon
- Steering Committee, Finance Committee, External Committee, Media Representative
- Saskatchewan Environmental Society Board of Directors