As soon as the roads are dry in early spring, the City begins a spring sweeping blitz to remove heavier dirt and debris that gathers over the winter. Beginning in April, yellow No Parking signs are posted on scheduled priority streets to notify drivers of upcoming curb-to-curb sweeping through neighbourhoods. In mid-October, street sweeping occurs in select neighbourhoods to reduce the potential for spring flooding.
What you can expect from us
- Street sweeping will occur on higher-traffic roads, such as Circle Drive, Idylwyld Drive, 22nd Street, 8th Street and College Drive to collect debris left from winter, going around parked cars.
- City-wide residential sweeping occurs on streets posted with yellow "No Parking" signs. Street Sweeping Service Alerts will be issued if there is a change to the residential sweeping schedule.
- Business Improvement Districts are swept overnight between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. on the first Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of each month, starting in May.
- Freeways, bridges and overpasses will be swept in the evening and overnight in early spring.
Find your sweeping date
- Brevoort Park All - Monday, May 28
- Briarwood Outside - Saturday, May 12
- Briarwood Inside - Wednesday, May 16
- College Park Inside - Thursday, May 31
- College Park Outside - Wednesday, May 23
- College Park East All - Monday, Jun 4
- Greystone Heights All - Wednesday, Jun 6
Visit saskatoon.ca/sweeping for more information.