Three decades in Ward 8
Living in Saskatoon, Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis, Sarina has called Ward 8 home for three decades. Raised by her immigrant parents and grandparents in Greystone Heights, Sarina has a multi-generational connection to the Ward’s diverse and vibrant community.
Sarina has enjoyed the honour of representing the residents of Ward 8 at City Hall since 2016. Sarina has been proud to work on the issues that are important to Ward 8 residents and to bring the voices of the community to City Council. Notable accomplishments of the past term include:
- The establishment of open channels of communication between residents and the City of Saskatoon Council and Administration,
- Supporting public green spaces through stable funding to organizations such as Meewasin Valley Authority, Wanuskewin Heritage Park Authority and parks in the ward’s neighbourhoods,
- Improving safety through Neighbourhood Traffic Reviews in Briarwood, College Park and East College Park, and,
- Sustainable progression on climate action plans.
Sarina volunteers for a variety of causes, attends countless events, enjoys cycling and is committed to supporting local businesses. Sarina is a graduate of the University of Saskatchewan, with a Bachelor of Science Honours. Sarina is a GIS Analyst and has worked with the Meewasin Valley Authority, University of Saskatchewan and independent consulting. Sarina has a far-reaching understanding of different cultures and approaches to problem-solving, gained through extensive world travel.
Sarina is enthusiastic to represent Ward 8 again, and has the experience to ensure that the Ward and City remain inclusive, safe and sustainable for people of all generations and abilities.
Notable Ward 8 Achievements
- Neighbourhood Traffic Reviews completed for College Park, East College Park and Briarwood
- Led the introduction of transit in Brighton beginning in 2021
- Extensive road repairs throughout the ward (59 kms!)
- AAA credit rating maintained
- Opening of McOrmond Drive and College Drive interchange
- 33 coffee events hosted in the ward and two town halls hosted
- Continued investment into sidewalks, curb cuts, parks and transit
- High-frequency transit corridor along 8th St
- Planning for northeast leisure centre is underway for Holmwood
Proven Experience and Leadership on City Council
- Chair, Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities and Corporate Services
- Chair, Transit Board Members Committee for CUTA
- Member, Standing Policy Committee on Transportation
- Member, Saskatoon Environmental Advisory Committee (SEAC)
- Board of Directors, Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA)
- Board of Directors, Idea's Inc.
- Board of Directors, Meewasin Valley Authority
- Board of Directors, Partners FOR the Saskatchewan River Basin (PFSRB)
- Member, Traffic Safety Advisory Committee
- Board of Directors, TCU Place
- Board of Directors, Marr Residence
- Member, North Central Transportation Planning Committee
- Member, Northeast Swale Working Group
- Member, International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI)
- Member, Leadership in Brownfield Renewal Program (LiBRe)