The 2020-2022 Projected Asset Preservation Plan is now available. It includes the asset preservation projects projected for the next three years on our roadway and sidewalk assets, water and sewer assets, as well as our bridges and structures assets. Roadway and Sidewalk asset preservation management is a process of monitoring, maintaining, and preserving our roads and sidewalks effectively throughout their lifecycle. The goal is to employ effective decision making to optimize a cost effective mix of treatments, to maximize the number of roads and sidewalks treated to improve the networks as a whole.
The 8th Street East Water Main Replacement Project begins June 1, 2020 and will include the replacement of water mains, restoration of roadways and the rehabilitation of sidewalks.
Here are the links to stay up to date on information regarding COVID-19:
- City of Saskatoon: saskatoon.ca/covid-19
- Government of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/COVID19
- COVID-19 Public Health Order Non-Compliance Reporting Form: Online or by phone (1-855-559-5502)
- Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- Support resource list for businesses and individuals: sreda.com/covid-19/
- Community resources compiled: covidsupportyxe.ca/
Please note that these additional resources are compiled by external agencies, not government bodies.
It's going to be a busy couple of years for the Transportation Division. Take a look at the approved projects in their division from the 2020 and 2021 multi-year budget. A few highlights include permanent installations from Neighbourhood Traffic Reviews, focus on improving sidewalk and curb cuts and continued work on active transportation.
Find the photos below, or a PDF copy here.Read more